On Friday, Toby and I had to install roof vents for the HVAC guys who are afraid of heights. Apparently they are also afraid to tell the contractor that they didn’t install them. The home owner noticed rain coming down on the bathroom floor of their bran new $800,000 house. Great job HVAC guys.
Meanwhile at Upton, Dusty, Jake, and Pete kicked some butt and got the upper level interior walls done.
We worked all day in the rain today and got all the upper floor exterior walls up and part of a balloon wall up. With a rain suit on it wasn’t bad, the only thing that got wet was my shoes and socks. One guy didn’t wear rain gear and complained about being cold.
On monday we built the porch roofs for 1900 Lincoln and gave the yard a good clean up.
On Tuesday we were back at Upton to get the main floor exterior walls built and stood.
We wanted to keep the power line hooked up (so we didn’t have to run the noisy generator all day everyday) so we strapped the existing power line to the new wall.
Today we set the floor trusses and put the 2×4 ribbon on. After lunch we got called off of Upton to build temp stairs for the decks at 1319 Eleanor.
Our new second story addition we’ve been doing is on Upton Avenue and this time it’s a little more than usual drill. Usually we rip off the roof and add on from there, but this house has so many changes to the main floor exterior walls we took it all the way down to the floor. On Friday we started framing exterior walls and by the end of next week we should have the second floor capped.
While three of us were busy with that, I had two other guys working on some other odds and ends. They built some columns and a barrel vault on a porch in Edina and later in the week they started laying ceder decking on a deck in St Paul.